Saturday, August 27, 2016

Make Some International Friends

Happy Sunday every one! I just came back from doing study tour with my batch this morning. But I feel like I don't wanna sleep all day long because I spent too much time for sleeping on the bus. So, I think it is better to write something again on my blog. Yuhuuu. And this time I wanna share about my new hobby.

After years of having my exchange program to Australia, I never have a chance again to make some real foreign friends. I still keep in touch with my house family there via facebook and instagram. Jill (my house mom) always send me a birthday card on my special day. They are really nice. What I like the most about making a friendship with people from different nation with us is that we could exchange our thought and experience about everything. And of course, we could build connection.

I have a friend who likes to do backpacking. She (Yes, a girl) has already been to some cool places in Asia and she did it by herself, such a brave girl. She introduced me to this website www.couchsurfing.com, which she always use everytime she wants to go travelling because it helps a lot whenever we want to get some helps from the local in term of our destination. However, it also useful for us if we want to become a host or just wanna meet up with the people who have a plan to come to our city.

In my view, it is a very benefical platform especially for people who loves journey and have an interest in connecting with many people from all over the world. We can also share our events or experiences with many other travelers. If you are interested, just go to that website and make an account. Actually, until now, I still have no experience in using this platform because when someone contact me, I was not in Jogja. So, we have no chance. However, we need to build trust and safety if we are interested to become a member. That is a must because basically we will meet with many new people.



If you are the kind of people who want to do just email-ing your friends, you can go to some website like penpalsnow.com, penpalworld.com,  and many others website (you can check it on your browser). On the website, you can write your email address or your snail mail address, and write your bio. Later, people who find it match with your background can ask your address to preview and later you will find their message in your inbox. You can search for what you want as well. I put my ads on penpalsnow.com and now I am currently emailing with several people from other countries frequently. I find a good friend from it whom I can talk to about everything. Moreover, I can share my thought about academic, future, work, and even to my personal grumble about everything arround me. His name is Emmanuel from Toronto, Canada. He is such a good person. And thanks to him from the nice package arrived at home when I was doing my community service on Bali last month. Well, what I am going to tell you is these kind of things could help people to build connection and perhaps find a best buddy through it.




And the last, my hobby right now is post crossing! It is quite exciting. You can just go to www.postcrossing.com and make an account. The more you send your postcard, the more you can receive too. So, you will have a feedback. Commonly, every postcard will costs arround 10000-15000 Rupiah if you send it via post office. I think it is quite cheap and the payback is awesome, that you can receive another postcard from oversea. I have a dream that I could travel arround the world someday, to do some useful thing. I hope that I could actually do that. But for now, this activity is interesting enough for me. I always overwhelmed with amuse every time I receive the new one. The postcard can make you learn about the new things: every picture in front of the card represents the characteristic of the country and moreover, it enriches you with new words of another language (though most of all just the greeting sentence). But, you learn new things and that is good for you. So, let's try and happy post crossing!







I hope this article would be useful for you. Perhaps, these kind of activities can help you to create new connection and network, increase your communication skills, and of course can become a refreshing thing to do in the middle of your hectic life. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment